How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3
Spotify has changed the way we consume music. It is no longer common to have fixed MP3 files on your PC. Instead, we rely on internet-connected services that could potentially shut down at any time, taking our music library with them. To make sure your music is available no matter what, you might be wondering how to download a song from Spotify in MP3 format and store it locally.
How to download songs from Spotify? Use Spotify Downloader
Although you can download songs from Spotify using its premium feature, you might have noticed that it does not download in MP3. Instead, it stores them in an encrypted format that cannot be used by other media players. It’s not good for our purposes.
Luckily, however, advanced third-party software can download Spotify songs to MP3 format without any problem. We are going to show you two Spotify music downloaders that can achieve this today, but first a word on the legality of this process.
Is it legal to download MP3 from Spotify?
It is illegal to directly download Spotify songs in MP3 format in most countries. This would require bypassing Spotify’s DRM and encryption, breaking copy protection laws.
However, many countries have a stipulation in their copyright laws that allows users to save songs from streaming services for private use. According to the tools used today, by recording a song rather than downloading it, you achieve a similar result, without compromising Spotify’s DRM or encryption.
However, it is important to note that Winbuzzer’s statement here does not constitute legal advice and we are not lawyers. You should check the applicable laws of your country or consult a legal professional if necessary. You use the tools described below at your own risk:
How to Download MP3 Files from Spotify with Sidify
Although you can record Spotify songs with any audio recorder, Sidify makes it much more convenient. It will save cover art and metadata while reducing the whole process to a few clicks. Here is how to save/download songs from Spotify using the tool:
- Download and install Sidify Music Converter
Go to the Sidify Music Converter download page and hit the “Download” button to grab its Windows installer. Follow its setup instructions until it is installed and open on your PC.
- Drag and drop your Spotify song or playlist to Sidify
- Select the songs you want to download and press “OK”
- Tap the settings cog in the top right of Sidify
- Set output format and folder
In your settings window, make sure you have the following settings for best quality:
– Output format: MP3
– Debit : 320 kbps
– Output parameters: Your preference
Close the Settings window when you’re done.
- Tap “Convert” at the bottom right
- Click the “No Thanks” button in the premium pop-up window
- Wait for Sidify to save the songs and open their folder containing
As Sidify has to wait for the entire song to play from start to finish, downloading an entire playlist will take some time. Once a song is finished, however, you can tap the folder icon next to it to find the MP3 file.
- Play your Spotify songs to MP3 with any media player
How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3 Using Tunefab Music Converter
TuneFab is a Spotify to MP3 converter that works similar to Sidify, saving your songs, but does it in the browser. Once you’re signed in, it makes downloading Spotify songs a bit more seamless. It also works on Mac, which may be useful for some of our readers.
- To go to TuneFab Music Converter website and tap “Try it Free”
You can find the Spotify tool here. keep in mind that the software’s free trial only lets you download the first three minutes of each song and is valid for 30 days, so you’ll eventually have to pay.
Once downloaded, launch the installer, follow the steps, and then open the program.
- Tap “Open Spotify Web Player”
- Click on “Connection”
- Log in to your Spotify account
- Tap the hamburger menu next to the minimize button and click “Preferences”
- Open “Advanced” tanning and change your settings
You must define them as follows:
– Output format: MP3
– Sampling frequency (hz): 44100
– Bitrate (kbps): 320
- Switch to the “General” tab, navigate to your output location and click “Save”
- Select your playlist and tap the plus icon
- Check the songs you want to download and press “Convert 7 items”
- Wait for your Spotify songs to download and tap “Open Folder”
- Play your Spotify MP3 files with any music player
If you’d rather not rely on a third-party Spotify downloader, check out our audio guide on how to record the system. You can simply play your music through Stereo Mix and record it with Audacity.
To create your own music, you can follow our tutorial on how to record audio in Windows 11 instead. This will allow you to start recording the voice so that you can produce it later.